To ensure the safety of our clients and our Support Workers, VisionWest Home HealthCare’s policy on PPE is to follow the guidelines released by the Ministry of Health. This includes the provision and strict use of PPE according to Ministry of Health regulations.
Current regulations are:
• Alert Level 2.5 (Auckland)
• Alert Level 2 (regions outside of Auckland).
For simplicities sake, VisionWest’s procedure for mask wearing is the same throughout the country.
• Your Support Worker will wear a mask for personal care tasks only, or if physical distance of 2 metres cannot be maintained. There is no need for clients, to wear a mask.
RULES FOR CLIENT TRANSPORTATION:
• Transporting clients is discouraged under Alert Levels 2.5 and 2.
• If transportation is necessary, your Support Worker must have this cleared with the office first.
• If permission is given, when in the vehicle together, everyone must wear a mask.
• When shopping, masks must be worn in the shop – this includes clients. If you do not have a mask, your Support Worker will provide one for you.
Thanks for helping to keep yourself and everyone else safe.
Our staff are monitored and will not visit you if they are showing signs of any illness.
If you have any questions, please phone us – 0800 222 040.